Join The Crew
Come join our pretty fun crew! We're looking for hard-working, motivated talent to work alongside our team and grow our brand.
Our current job openings are for:
Store Manager, Southport
Alice & Wonder is seeking an experienced Store Manager for our Southport shop to develop and manage all aspects of the business while ensuring the highest-level of customer satisfaction.
We’re interested in candidates who act as entrepreneurs and can cultivate talented teams. They are self-motivated strategists who drive incremental sales and maintain the integrity of the brand. They are caring leaders whose talents help the growth of their sales team, as well as the growth of the company. They are creative thinkers who pride themselves in pushing boundaries. And most important, they are team players who want a pretty fun place to work.
What you’ll do:
- Drive store sales results to reach goals daily and achieve company targets
- Lead visual merchandising of the store by creatively implementing all aspects of merchandise visual presentation consistently
- Assist with recruitment, training, and developing an effective sales team
- Coach and develop successful sales associates with focus on customer satisfaction
- Communicate with all levels of the management team
- Provide constructive feedback, resolve all concerns and take disciplinary action as needed
- Maintain strong product knowledge of the brand as well as seasonal trends
- Maintain clear, clean and focused store layout
- Build and maintain strong relationships with the team, customers, and colleagues
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports
- Strategize on business plans that will increase profitability
- Develop and execute store events
- Ensure company policy and procedures are adhered to
- Oversee store operations, including, but not limited to maintaining stock (organization, replenishment, and inventory control) and store cleanliness and general housekeeping
- Execute in markdowns, transfers and restock standard within the total store
- Responsible for all aspects of Human Resources within the store (i.e. recruit, hire, train, and retain the store team)
What you got:
- 3-5 years previous retail managerial or assistant-managerial experience a must
- Strong work ethic with a need to pursue challenging projects and knack for problem-solving
- Thorough knowledge of retail merchandising and retail operations
- Ability to think outside the lines, finding value in unexpected places
- Copes with change effectively and shifts gears comfortably
- Diffuses high-tension situations quickly while maintaining productive relationships
- Speak up and be willing to be the only champion for an idea
- Have a nose for talent and the ability to grow leaders
- Familiarity with key customer base is a strong plus
- Strong business accountability and follow through
- Proven ability to drive sales results
- Coaching and staff development experience
- Experience creating and maintaining a strong clientele base
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Flexibility to work evenings and one-day a weekend (always guaranteed two-days off, but must have flexible schedule)
- Must bend, reach, stretch for product as well as lift, carry and move at least 40 pounds
How we’ll make it pretty fun:
Alice & Wonder is a Chicago-based shop curating pretty fun things for the contemporary gal-on-the-go. The pieces we offer are the hard-to-find gems that we saw and couldn’t live without. Because we value the confidence that comes with having the perfect dress for a killer day at work or just the right cocktail glasses for a last-minute happy hour. When uniqueness meets affordability, that’s when we’ve done our job.
Joining our team will provide you the opportunity to experience the many facets of running a small business first-hand. This position will not only be vital in running the day-to-day of the retail store but also will partner with the owner and digital manager to improve customers relations, maximize brand exposure and grow the business. We are looking for a staff member to be engaged and connected with the brand. We are a female-led team who believes in doing what you love and having a pretty fun time while doing it.
Perks of the gig:
- Competitive, full-time salary
- Health benefits
- Paid vacation time
- Wardrobe allowance + employee discount
- Creative and team forward environment
Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Include your desired position in the title of the email. You can find out more about our store and our company at aliceandwonder.com.
Part-time inventory associates, Warehouse
An inventory associate is responsible for conducting daily inventory counts of new product, as well as tagging product and overseeing daily transfers of product to each of our store locations. This individual must have strong math skills, as they will be responsible for maintaining records of large inventory counts, where accuracy is critical.
- Follow daily cycle counts as requested by supervisor.
- Effectively communicate inventory data with supervisor.
- Receive count and verify incoming orders.
- Label stock items with labeling equipment such as barcode labels.
- Report malfunctioning or damaged stock-handling equipment to management.
- Document discrepancies between inventory records and physical counts.
- Ensures product gets inventoried into correct designated areas.
- Work ethic – A sense of urgency in meeting critical and time sensitive deadlines.
- Teamwork - Strong interpersonal skills
To apply for either position, please complete the below: