Join The Crew
- Inventory Control & Shipping Manager
- Part-Time Sales Associates
Inventory Control & Shipping Manager
Alice & Wonder is seeking an Inventory Control & Shipping Manager to join our growing company. The chief goal in this position will be to monitor our company’s inventory levels, as well as manage daily shipping responsibilities of our online shop. You will be responsible for developing inventory tracking systems, managing team members to ensure merchandise is properly inventoried, packaging and shipping out daily online orders, reviewing levels of supplies and ordering new materials.
A successful inventory manager is a trustworthy professional with outstanding organizational and analytical abilities. We’re interested in candidates who act as entrepreneurs and can cultivate talented teams. They are self-motivated strategists who demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills and maintain the integrity of the brand. They are caring leaders whose talents help the growth of their associate team, as well as the growth of the company. They are creative thinkers who pride themselves in pushing boundaries. And most important, they are team players who want a pretty fun place to work.
What you’ll do:
- Provide consistently accurate inventory counts of new merchandise.
- Maintain consistent inventory counts of current inventory.
- Manage inventory distribution between current Webster store location and new store location.
- Work hand-in-hand with retail Store Managers to enhance inventory accountability and process compliance.
- Research and resolve inventory discrepancy issues and determine root causes.
- Provide reporting and analysis around inventory accuracy results and inventory adjustments.
- Lead the planning and execution of annual physical inventory counts in Retail sites, identify strategic efforts to improve overall process to ensure reliability in the supply chain.
- Oversee online shipping process from working with store associates on order pulling orders to fulfilling online + in-store pickup orders.
- Examine the levels of supplies and raw material to determine shortages.
- Use shipping software to organize and prioritize shipping activities
- Identify shipping issues and implement solutions in a timely manner
- Identify shipping process deviations and work with peer leaders and cross-functional employees to resolve issues affecting overall inventory and shipping accuracy and operations.
- Deliver key performance metrics such as inventory accuracy, shrink and fulfillment errors.
- As time allows, manage customer service inquiries.
What you got:
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills.
- Strong work ethic with a need to pursue challenging projects and knack for problem-solving.
- Ability to think outside the lines, finding value in unexpected places
- Copes with change effectively and shifts gears comfortably
- Diffuses high-tension situations quickly while maintaining productive relationships.
- Speak up and be willing to be the only champion for an idea.
- Have a nose for talent and the ability to grow leaders.
- Familiarity with key customer base is a strong plus.
- Strong business accountability and follow through.
- Experience in a retail environment a must.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must bend, reach, stretch for product as well as lift, carry and move at least 40 pounds.
- Active drivers license
How we’ll make it pretty fun:
Alice & Wonder is a Chicago-based shop curating pretty fun things for the contemporary gal-on-the-go. The pieces we offer are the hard-to-find gems that we saw and couldn’t live without. Because we value the confidence that comes with having the perfect dress for a killer day at work or just the right cocktail glasses for a last-minute happy hour. When uniqueness meets affordability, that’s when we’ve done our job.
Joining our team will provide you the opportunity to experience the many facets of running a small business first-hand. This position will not only be vital in running the day-to-day of our online shipping and inventory operations but also will partner with the owner and Store Manager to improve processes, maximize brand exposure and grow the business. We are looking for a staff member to be engaged and connected with the brand. We are a female-lead team who believes in doing what you love and having a pretty fun time while doing it.
Perks of the gig:
- Competitive, full-time salary
- Health benefits
- Employee discount
- Creative and team forward environment
We are looking to fill this position immediately. Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your desired position in the title of the email.
Part-Time Sales Associate
Please email our store manager, Jordan, your resume at email@example.com.