Come join our pretty fun crew! We're looking for hard-working, motivated talent to work alongside our team and grow our brand. We currently have the following positions available:
- Social Media & Operations Intern (Fall 2020)
Estimated Internship Time Frame: September 14th - November 20th
Social Media & Operations Internship
Alice & Wonder is seeking a motivated Social Media & Operations Intern to join our growing team for Fall 2020. The ideal applicant will possess a strong knowledge of the digital media landscape, as well as an eagerness to learn the operations and processes behind a retail store.
The intern will gain a solid grounding in social content strategy and community engagement for a small business. The intern will be involved in promoting Alice & Wonder’s products, events, and social platforms.
Having a creative mind and an eye for design and style will be the key to success for this position. A strong work ethic and high standards are also positive characteristics that we are looking for. We are excited to meet someone with a "go-getter" attitude who’s ready to contribute to the pro-active team behind our brand. Those looking to gain a valuable, hands-on experience within the fashion and design industry are encouraged to apply.
What you’ll do:
- Demonstrate commitment to Alice & Wonder’s vision, mission and values
- Monitor and interact with external audiences through A&W’s social media platforms such as Instagram, Pinterest and our blog
- Assist in planning and creating engaging content for Alice & Wonder’s media channels
- Brainstorm various marketing ideas for blogs, social media and the website
- Create original content for Alice & Wonder’s Blog
- Assist with compiling and reviewing analytics for social media
- Proactively monitor and engage with Alice & Wonder visitors, fans and trending topics via social channels (aka community management)
- Assist with day-to-day shop operations such as inventory management
- Have opportunities to go on product buying trips and learn the how-to’s of running a business
What you got:
- A passion for all things social media is a must
- A creative eye with an eagerness to learn multiple facets of running of a small business
- A collaborative, go-getter attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and attention to detail. They must be able to work and be productive independently but also be a valuable member of the team.
- Think critically, creatively, be a self-starter, have a passion for the ever-changing world of social media and possess excellent time-management skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Excel, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest. Experience writing and editing is a plus.
How long we’ll hang:
24/7, duh! Jk -- ideally the intern would work 10-15 hours a week. Exact schedule is based upon intern availability.
How we’ll make it pretty fun:
Joining our team will provide you the opportunity to experience the many facets of running a small business first-hand. From researching what’s trending that season in fashion to curating Pinterest boards tailored to engage our customer to getting hands-on styling experience at our monthly photoshoots. You’ll be wearing multiple hats and having a pretty fun time doing it!
Perks of the gig:
- Compensation for this internship given via school credit or paid stipend.
- Employee discount
Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your desired position in the title of the email, portfolios are also welcomed!
Application Deadline: August 24, 2020